The article shares how to quickly and effectively unlock your iPhone if you forgot your password (or your iPhone has been disabled).
iPhone passcode (also known as lock screen password) is a private security mode of the phone. It helps you to avoid unauthorized intrusion of others. You must enter the correct password to use it. You have set up. But unfortunately, you have accidentally forgotten the iPhone password and the worst case is that you enter the wrong number of times, causing your iPhone to be disabled.
If you are in the above two cases, do not worry too much because the solution will be the same. I will guide you with four optimal solutions to handle. Please follow along.
How to unlock your iPhone when you forget your phone password
Method 1: Put iPhone into DFU mode and use iTunes to restore the device
It is considered one of the most useful solutions to help you unlock the iPhone screen quickly; you need to switch your iPhone to DFU mode or Recovery Mode to avoid having to log in the password, then proceed. Use iTunes to connect to the computer as follows.
This way, you can completely do without an iCloud account.
In case you use your iPhone without turning on the backup feature on iCloud. After resetting the device, all old data on the device will delete.
1st Step: Connect iPhone to iTunes on the computer using a cable. If you do not have iTunes on your computer, you can download it here.
2nd Step: Proceed to power off iPhone, wait for 5s for it to turn off completely.
3rd Step: Then, you need to put your iPhone into DFU mode.
- For iPhones with a physical Home button: Press and hold the power button for about 3 seconds, and hold the Home button for about 10 seconds, then release the power button and keep pressing the Home button until the iPhone screen appears.
- For iPhone with touch home button: Press and hold the power button and volume down button at the same time for 10 seconds until the iPhone screen turns off completely. Then release the power button and keep holding the volume down button until the iTunes screen shows the device recovery interface and your iPhone screen is still dark. You have successfully entered DFU.
4th Step: Open iTunes software on your computer => Click Restore item.
Step 5: Select Restore and Update.
6th Step: Click the phone icon on the software interface to view information about the device being updated data.
7th Step: Now, iTunes will automatically update the data on the iPhone. Please wait a moment for the update process to complete.
8th Step: Sign in to your Apple ID account and wait for your iPhone to re-run the data you just updated from iTunes.
9th Step: The process of running the data is complete. Restart your iPhone and create a new password for the device (if you are a person who quickly forgets, you should not set a password).
Method 2: Re-run the latest backup
This method only works when your iPhone has turned on the backup feature on iCloud. Once you have a backup, just run it again to unlock the iPhone password.
1st Step: Connect iPhone to iTunes on the computer using a lightning cable.
2nd Step: Click the phone icon to view information about the device.
3rd Step: The Backups dialog box appears => Click the Back Up Now button.
4th Step: Wait for the iTunes backup process to complete, click Restore iPhone.
5th Step: Now that the data is being installed on the iPhone. Wait for the backup to run on the iPhone to complete. After the installation is complete, you go to the settings to log in to your iCloud account and get back the backed-up data on it.
Sign in with the iCloud account that you have registered to use.
Method 3: Use the Find My iPhone feature
You know, in iCloud, there is also a Find My iPhone feature that helps you overcome the situation of forgetting the iPhone lock screen password (also known as passcode). You can do the following.
- Connect the passcode-locked iPhone to the computer that has iTunes installed that you have synced to restore it.
- You need to remember your iCloud login account and password to use this method.
1st Step: Access the iCloud website => Sign in with the registered Apple ID account.
2nd Step: Select Find iPhone.
3rd Step: At this point, there will be many devices connected, so you need to open All Devices => Select the device name you need to do.
4th Step: Click Erase iPhone to erase old data on iPhone => Then wait for iPhone to run again and use the latest previous backup to restore data and unlock iPhone.
Method 4: Use the Passcode detector
When you have used all the above three ways but still cannot handle the forgotten iPhone password, the last solution is to bring the phone to the store or service center to retrieve the iPhone password. They will use the most specialized tools and software to detect the iPhone Passcode and manipulate the password very quickly, so you can rest assured.
So the above is the disarming to do when you forget the iPhone lock screen password. Please read carefully and follow.
2. What to do once the password has recovered?
After you have successfully recovered your iPhone password, then I would like to offer solutions to help you limit forgetting your iPhone password as follows.
- You should set a simple password that is easy to remember.
- Write down your iPhone and other passwords somewhere.
- When you sign up for an iCloud account, make a note of secret questions and answers.
- Turn on the feature to sync iPhone data to your computer or iCloud. In case you forget and have to restore your phone later.